Come join the fun at Oregon’s fastest growing multi-location Vision Source practice. ABC Vision has three neighborhood clinics in Portland/Hillsdale Village, Sherwood and Hillsboro Oregon.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality vision care and customer service by facilitating long term and unrushed Doctor/Patient relationships combined with superior value optical services in the communities we live-in and serve.
Our Values and Core Beliefs are:
- Compassionate, Comprehensive and Coordinated vision care (the 3C’s)
- Servant mentality
- Professional but Relaxed
- Relationship centric
- Committed to Consistency
- Connected to our Community
If you are interested in joining a fun, growing multi-location, community centric practice please contact our GM at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Optical Manager Kelly@abcvisionsource.com. Thank you.
Optical Assistance (Currently Hiring / Hillsdale):
All full-time and part-time Optical Assistances are responsible for supporting the Sr. or Lead Optician in an office. They will help enter/submit all orders to laboratories and bill insurance for frames and lenses every day. Optical Assistances also verify jobs returning from the laboratories and dispense completed glasses while managing customer expectations and providing exceptional customer satisfaction. Training will be provided including support to become ABO certified with a formal development plan and assigned mentor.
Lead/Office Optician (Currently Hiring / Hillsboro):
All full-time and part-time Opticians are responsible for fitting eyeglasses and contact lenses by following prescriptions that are written by optometrists or ophthalmologists. They must be able to read a prescriptions and determine lens specifications then recommend lens coatings, lens and frames for eyeglasses taking into considerations the habits, occupation and facial features of the customer. They must be able enter/submit all orders to laboratories and bill insurance for frames and lenses every day. Plus verify jobs returning from the laboratories and dispense completed glasses while managing customer expectations and providing exceptional customer satisfaction.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- ABC Vision Opticians are required to be certified by either the National Contact Lens Examiners (NCLE) or the American Board of Opticianry (ABO) with-in 6 month of employment – cost of exam/training will be covered.
- Work effectively with Optical Manager to ensure correct inventory and restocking process is followed accurately
- Work effectively with, Doctors, other Opticians, Billing Specialists and General Management
- Greet patients as soon as they come into the dispensing area and help patient with frame selections
- Instruction clients regarding adapting to as well as caring for and wearing eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Answer phones and book appointments in the computer system
- Call patients to check satisfaction with their new eyeglasses
- Reshape the frame by hand or through the use of tools so that the glasses will fit properly
- Verify that the lenses have been ground to the correct specifications before every dispense
- Must also be able to adjust and refit broken or bent frames.
- Must be proficient in Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2013 and Officemate, Eyefinity or Acuity Logic
- Must be knowledgeable in VSP frame and lens benefits and VSP insurance billing process
- Must be knowledge in both VSP and Essilor Lens products